If you are starting a video conference call and cannot select Owl as your video device, please ensure the following:
- You are on the latest Meeting Owl software version. Owls on 20002 or below may experience this issue.
- You are using an approved Active Extension / Repeater Cable if you need a USB cable that is longer than the one that is included with the Owl (6ft). You can purchase one from our shop. Some unpowered USB extenders will not work with the Meeting Owl.
If these conditions are met, try the following:
- Reinitiate the USB connection. Unplug the USB cable. Look at the base of the Owl above the control buttons and plug the USB cable back in. You should see red and blue lights flash.
- If not:
- Reboot the Owl. Unplug Owl’s power supply for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Wait until the eyes stop pulsing and you hear a hoot. Plug in the USB cable and try selecting the Owl again.
- Try a different micro USB to USB cable.
- Try a different USB port.
- If the lights flash when you plug in the USB cable, you may need to unplug and replug the USB cable a few times for the device to show up as a selectable camera.