If you are starting a video conference call and cannot select Owl as your video device, please ensure the following:
- You are on the latest Meeting Owl software version. Owls on 20002 or below may experience this issue.
- You are on the latest version of Mac OS X (High Sierra) if you are using a Mac and have Google Chrome running in the background. This issue can be experienced on older Mac OS X versions when Chrome is open.
- You are using an approved Active Extension / Repeater Cable if you need a USB extension cable. Some unapproved USB extenders will not work with the Meeting Owl. If using an extender, please test with the 6' cable that came with the Owl. If problem is resolved, try using an extension cable sold in our shop.
If these conditions are met, try the following:
- Reinitiate the USB connection. Unplug the USB cable. Look at the base of the Owl above the control buttons and plug the USB cable back in. You should see red and blue lights flash.
- If not:
- Reboot the Owl. Unplug Owl’s power supply for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Wait until the eyes stop pulsing and you hear a hoot. Plug in the USB cable and try selecting the Owl again.
- Try a different micro USB to USB cable.
- Try a different USB port.
- If the lights flash when you plug in the USB cable, you may need to unplug and replug the USB cable a few times for the device to show up as a selectable camera.