If you are starting a video conference call and cannot select Owl as your video device, please ensure the following:
- You have disabled WebUSB if you are using a Mac and have Google Chrome open. The Meeting Owl will not reliably appear as a selectable video device until this is done. This is a know bug in Chrome that affects some webcams.
- You are on the latest Meeting Owl software version. Owls on 20002 or below may experience this issue.
- You are using an Active Extension / Repeater Cable if you need a USB cable that is longer than the one that is included with the Owl (6ft). You can purchase one from our shop. Some unpowered USB extenders will not work with the Meeting Owl.
If these conditions are met, try the following:
- Reinitiate the USB connection. Unplug the USB cable. Look at the base of the Owl and plug the USB cable back in. You should see red and blue lights flash.
- If not, reboot the Owl. Unplug Owl’s power supply for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Plug in the USB cable and try selecting the Owl again.
- If the lights flash when you plug in the USB cable, you may need to unplug and replug the USB cable a few times for the device to show up as a selectable camera.