To start a meeting in Appear.in, follow the steps below
- If you are using Mac and have Chrome open, you will need to disable WebUSB in order for the Meeting Owl to reliably appear as a selectable video option in your video conferencing platform.
- Plug your Owl’s USB cable into the base of the Owl, and into your computer.
- If Owl is unplugged, plug in your Owl’s power adapter and wait until Owl’s eyes stop pulsing.
- Go to appear.in and enter your room name followed by ?widescreen to see Owl in widescreen mode.
- Note: If you do not start in widescreen mode, Owl’s video will be cropped. If you are already in a meeting, you can add ?widescreen to the end of your meeting URL and reload the page. (example:https://appear.in/roomname?widescreen)