Captive portal support is experimental because we are unable to provide a reliable experience across the wide variation in captive portals. If you cannot connect to your captive portal after troubleshooting, please see if your IT team can create a subnetwork for IoT devices like the Owl to live on. If you cannot create a subnetwork, please use mobile refresh to update your Owl’s software. This is our method for customers who can’t get their Owls on Wi-Fi to update their Owl’s software.
- Are you trying to connect to your captive portal with an iOS device? Currently, there is an issue connecting with iOS and captive portals. Please try connecting with an Android device, if available.
- Do you have MAC address filtering enabled on your router? You will need to add Owl to your approved devices list.
- Do you have a multi-page captive portal? Currently, the Owl can only connect to captive portals that have a single page for users to take action. Multi-page captive portals are not supported. To determine if you have a multi-page captive portal, sign in to your network via a computer. If there is more than one page to click through in order to connect, it is a multi-page captive portal.
If the above conditions are met, please try the following:
- Verify with a mobile device or computer that your Wi-Fi signal strength is strong.
- Reboot the Owl. Unplug your Owl’s power adapter for 10 seconds, and plug back in.
- Reboot your router.
- Ensure your credentials are correct and try connecting again.