This article applies to the Meeting Owl and the Meeting Owl Pro
Before you start your first meeting, please make sure the following is true for the best Owl experience.
- Your conference room is not too big. The recommended maximum room size is
- 9 ft x 12 ft X 10 ft for the Meeting Owl
- 15 ft X 20 ft X 10 ft for the Meeting Owl Pro
- Your conference room does not have too much background noise. Quieter rooms work better with the Meeting Owl.
- You have at least 2 participants in your conference room.
- Participants are sitting within good range for best video and audio performance:
- Meeting Owl:
- Up to 6 ft from your Owl for best video performance
- Up to 12 ft for best audio pickup performance
- Meeting Owl Pro:
- Up to 8 ft from the Owl for best video performance
- Up to 18 ft for best audio pickup performance
- Meeting Owl:
- You have positioned your Meeting Owl in the correct location on your table.
- In a small huddle room that fits 2-4 people, place the Owl in the center of the table, at least 12” from the TV.
- In a larger room:
- Meeting Owl (up to 9 ft X 12 ft)
- Place the owl in the center of the table, at least 3ft from the TV, but no more than 6 ft from the farthest participant.
- Meeting Owl Pro (up to 15 ft X 20 ft)
- Place the owl in the center of the table, at least 3ft from the TV, but no more than 8 ft from the farthest participant.
Feel free to experiment with the placement of the Owl to best suit your meeting’s needs.
- To start your meeting, join a meeting in your video conferencing platform and select Meeting Owl as your audio and video device.
- After you start your meeting, ensure you have rotated the Owl so that the monitor in your room is split on either side of the 360˚ panoramic view.