Meeting Owl works with most cloud-based video conferencing platforms. The following video conferencing platforms are fully supported by Owl Labs, meaning they are tested with each software release to confirm compatibility:
- Google Hangouts
- Google Meet
- Go To Meeting
- Skype for Business
The following platforms have been tested to work with the Meeting Owl as of December 2017:
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Cisco Spark
- Cisco WebEx
- IBM Connections Cloud
- Slack *
* The current version of Slack (3.0.5) does not support widescreen mode. This will crop the video output of the Owl. If you would like to enable widescreen mode in Slack, please contact Owl Labs Support.
The following platforms are not recommended with the Meeting Owl:
- Adobe Connect
- Intermittent audio and video issues.
- Highfive does not display in widescreen. This crops the Meeting Owl's 360° panoramic strip and main Stage.
- Join.me places its meeting participants into small bubbles, which crops the Meeting Owl's 360° panoramic strip and main Stage.
- Microsoft Teams
- When multiple participants are present, Microsoft Teams crops the video output in order to fit all participants on the screen. This crops the Meeting Owl's 360° panoramic strip and main Stage.
- Cannot select the Meeting Owl as a video device.
Other platforms have not yet been tested.