This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro and Meeting Owl.
If you are able to select Meeting Owl as your microphone and speaker at the start of your call, but it becomes unselected during the course of your meeting, check the following:
- (Meeting Owl Pro) Please check your Owl’s software version. Is your Owl’s software on version 188.8.131.52 or below?
- If yes, update your software.
- Are you using an Owl Labs approved USB extension cable? Not all extension cables are equal! Some unpowered or poor quality USB extenders will not work with the Meeting Owl. Test with the 6ft cable that came with the Owl, and if the problem is resolved, replace the extension cable with an approved USB extension cable.
- Are you using a USB-C port?Some USB-C adapters and cables are not compatible with the Meeting Owl. Try testing on a computer without a USB-C port, and purchase an approved USB-C cable or adapter if problem is resolved
If the above conditions are met, please try the following:
- While in a meeting, wiggle the USB connection at the base of the Owl. If the video disconnects, and your microUSB to USB cable easily falls out of the Owl, try a different USB cable if available. If it still feels loose or broken, contact Owl Labs support.
- Ensure the USB connection at the host computer is secure. If it feels loose, try a different USB port.
- Unplug the Meeting Owl’s USB cable and plug it back into your computer.
- Reboot the Meeting Owl by unplugging your Owl’s power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in.
- Disconnect and reconnect to the conference call.
- Reboot the computer that the Owl is connected to.
If problem persists, contact Owl Labs support.