This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro and Meeting Owl.
If your video conferencing platform does not detect the Meeting Owl as an audio or video device, check the following:
- Are you using an Owl Labs approved USB extension cable? Not all extension cables are equal! Some unpowered or poor quality USB extenders will not work with the Meeting Owl. Test with the 6ft cable that came with the Owl, and if the problem is resolved, replace the extension cable with an approved USB extension cable.
- Are you using a USB-C port? Some USB-C adapters and cables are not compatible with the Meeting Owl. Try testing on a computer without a USB-C port, and purchase an approved USB-C cable or adapter if problem is resolved.
If the above conditions are met, please try the following:
- Unplug the Meeting Owl’s USB cable and plug it back into your computer.
- Reboot the Meeting Owl by unplugging your Owl’s power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Wait until your Owl's eyes stop pulsing and you hear a hoot.
- If your Owl's eyes do not pulse, turn the Meeting Owl over and check for a green LED between the power and USB cable. If there is no light, contact Owl Labs support.
- Try a different micro USB to USB cable.
- Try a different USB port.
- Reboot your computer.
- Try using a different computer.
- If problem persists on a different computer, contact Owl Labs support
- If problem is resolved on a different computer, but persists on original computer:
- macOS users: reset NVRAM and PRAM
- Windows users: uninstall and reinstall your in-box Windows drivers.
- Linux users: contact Owl Labs support.