If you can select Meeting Owl as your audio device, but not your video device, troubleshoot this issue. If you can’t select the Meeting Owl as either your audio or video device, ensure the following:
- You are using an Active Extension / Repeater Cable if you need a USB cable that is longer than the one that is included with the Owl (6ft). You can purchase one from our shop. Some unpowered USB extenders will not work with the Meeting Owl.
- You are on the latest Meeting Owl software version. Owls on 20002 or below may experience this issue.
- Always leave Owl plugged in. On some computers, if Owl is powered on when connected to a computer which is powered off, Owl will not boot up properly.
- If the Owl and the computer must be powered on at the same time, contact Owl Labs support.
If the above conditions are met, please try the following:
- Reinitiate the USB connection. Unplug the USB cable. Look at the base of the Owl, and plug the USB cable back in. You should see red and blue lights flash on and off.
- If not, reboot the Owl. Unplug Owl’s power for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Wait until Owl's eyes stop pulsing and you hear a hoot. If Owl's eyes do not pulse, contact Owl Labs support. Plug in the USB cable and try selecting the Owl again.
- If the lights flash when you plug in the USB cable, you may need to unplug and replug the USB cable a few times for the device to show up as a selectable audio device.
- Try using a different computer to start a call and select the Meeting Owl.
- If problem is resolved, reboot the original computer.