If your video conferencing platform does not detect the Meeting Owl as an audio or video device, check the following:
- Are you using an Owl Labs approved USB extension cable?: Not all extension cables are equal! Some unpowered or poor quality USB extenders will not work with the Meeting Owl. We offer a tested and approved USB extension cable on our shop. Test with the 6ft cable that came with the Owl, and if the problem is resolved, replace the extension cable.
- Are you using a USB-C port? Some USB-C adapters and cables are not compatible with the Meeting Owl. We suggest using an approved USB-IF compliant cable like this one (UK). If using an adapter, try an approved USB 2.0 to USB-C adapter. Apple brand adapters, and Nonda brand adapters are tested to work with the Owl as well. We don’t suggest other USB 2.0 to USB-C adapters because they have not been tested.
If the above conditions are met, please try these steps:
- Unplug the Meeting Owl’s USB cable and plug it back into your computer.
- Reboot the Meeting Owl by unplugging your Owl’s power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Wait until your Owl's eyes stop pulsing and you hear a hoot. If your Owl's eyes do not pulse, turn the Meeting Owl over and check for a green LED between the power and USB cable. If there is no light, contact Owl Labs support.
- Try a different micro USB to USB cable.
- Try a different USB port.
- Reboot your computer.