If you can’t select the Meeting Owl as either your audio or video device in your video conferencing platform, ensure the following:
- You are using an approved extension cable if you need a USB cable that is longer than the one that is included with the Owl (6ft). You can purchase one from our shop. Some unpowered or poor quality USB extenders will not work with the Meeting Owl. Test with the 6ft cable and if problem is resolved, replace the extension cable.
- If using a USB C port, you are using an Apple brand USB 2.0 to USB-C adapter. Other USB 2.0 to USB-C adapters have not been tested.
If the above conditions are met, please try the following:
- Reinitiate the USB connection. Unplug the USB cable. Look at the base of the Owl, and plug the USB cable back in. You should see red and blue lights flash on and off.
- If not, reboot the Owl. Unplug Owl’s power for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Wait until Owl's eyes stop pulsing and you hear a hoot. If Owl's eyes do not pulse, or if Owl doesn't hoot, contact Owl Labs support.
- Plug in the USB cable and try selecting the Owl again.
- If the lights flash when you plug in the USB cable, you may need to unplug and replug the USB cable a few times for the device to show up as a selectable audio device.
- Try a different micro USB to USB cable.
- Try using a different computer to start a call and select the Meeting Owl.
- If problem is resolved on new computer:
- Reboot the original computer.
- Try a different USB port.
- If problem persists on a different computer, contact Owl Labs support.