Meeting Owl will automatically send software updates to Owls that are on Wi-Fi and plugged into power overnight. To update your Meeting Owl's software immediately, follow the steps below.
- Plug in your Meeting Owl’s power adapter and wait until Owl’s eyes stop pulsing and you hear a hoot.
- If you are using an Android mobile device:
- Ensure you are connected to Wi-Fi in order to receive the software update:
- Open the app and select your Owl from the Nearby Owls list.
- Select About your Owl.
- Ensure Wi-Fi is connected and Internet is available.
- Connect you Owl to Wi-Fi if you are not connected.
- Update your Owl’s software. This update will take about 15 minutes to one hour. You will be able to use your Owl once the update is complete and your Owl has rebooted.
- From the About your Owl page in the app, scroll to the bottom and select Check for Updates.
iOS will inform you if an update is available, Android will not.
- When prompted, select OK.
iOS will show an update progress bar, Android will not.
- Owl will reboot when the update is complete. Owls eyes will pulse, and when it is ready to use, the eyes will stop pulsing and you will hear a special hoot.