This article applies to the Meeting Owl and Meeting Owl Pro.
If you are setting up your Meeting Owl in the Meeting Owl App for the first time, you must first register and connect your Owl to Wi-Fi.
Follow the steps below to connect your Owl to Wi-Fi. You will need your SSID and password (if any). Why do I need to connect to Wi-Fi?
- Download or open the Meeting Owl app.
- Select your Owl from the Nearby list. This may be labeled "Meeting Owl" followed by an 8-digit software serial number, or the name you previously gave your Owl.
- iOS: If you see a red bar at the top of the screen that says “This Owl is not connected to Wi-Fi, tap here to fix,” tap the red bar.
- Android: If you see a pop-up that reads “No Internet: You won’t be able to receive software updates for his Owl until you connect it to the internet,” tap fix.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you are trying to connect to from the network list.
If you see a pop up that says Captive Portal Detected after selecting your network, follow these steps.
- Enter your network’s Wi-Fi password and select Submit.
If your network requires both a username and password to connect, you may have a WPA/WPA2 Enterprise network. Check our supported Wi-Fi network list. If you have an unsupported Network, please see if your IT team can create a subnetwork for IoT devices like the Owl to live on. If you cannot create a subnetwork, contact Owl Labs Support.
If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi, troubleshoot this issue.