This article applies to Meeting Owl and Meeting Owl Pro.
Owl learns where people are sitting in the room. If a new person sits at the table, or if you speak, then move to another location and speak again, it can take up to 5 seconds for the video to switch.
If there is a lag in highlighting the active speaker or speakers, please try the following.
- (Meeting Owl) Update your Meeting Owl software if you are on 22.214.171.124 or below.
- Make sure the following is true for best Speaker Spotlight performance:
- Participants are sitting close enough to the Owl. Try moving a maximum of:
- 6 ft away from Meeting Owl.
- 9 ft away from Meeting Owl Pro.
- Participants are speaking loud and clear.
- Participants are speaking towards the Owl. If speaking towards a wall, the audio will not give a clear direction for Owl to focus on.
- Try moving to a room without many hard surfaces, such as a room with carpets, couches, drop ceilings, or furniture.
- If problem is resolved, try using audio dampening acoustic panels on the walls of the original room.