We stream audio and video to the computer via USB, not via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Meeting Owl streams audio and video only via USB to the user’s host computer. The user can use that audio/video with nearly any video conferencing software platform they choose. We do not stream audio or video over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
We use a cryptographically signed key for software builds.
- Our software is signed with a private cryptographic key, which is stored on an encrypted and physically secured removable disk drive that is only unlocked when building a new software release.
- Owl Labs builds software releases on a dedicated air-gapped computer (security measure to ensure that a secure computer network is physically isolated from unsecured networks, such as the public Internet or an unsecured local area network).
- An Owl will only install an Over the Air software update if the release has been signed with this secure key. Any other update attempt will be discarded by the system.
We DO NOT record any video or audio content.
- When connected to wifi, the Meeting Owl sends basic analytics data back to our servers. It does not record, collect or transmit any video or audio data.
The data is stored securely.
- Data is sent via HTTPS with TLS/SSL to our central server, hosted securely. Data can only be accessed by full-time employees of Owl Labs.
Find out what information is sent over Wi-Fi.