This article applies to Meeting Owl and Meeting Owl Pro.
If you are hearing static, distortion, or choppy audio through the Owl’s speaker, follow the steps below:
- If you are using a USB extension cable, test with the 6’ cable that came with the Owl. Not all extension cables are created equal! Some unapproved USB extension cables may cause static through the Owl’s speaker. If problem is resolved:
- Try using an approved USB extension cable.
- If you are using an extension cable that you purchased though Owl Labs, contact Owl Labs Support.
If the issue still persists, play a sound file locally on your computer.
- If static or distortion is heard, contact Owl Labs support.
- If sound is clear, on your next call:
- Have each remote participant mute their microphones one at a time. If the static goes away when one person is muted, have that participant change to a different microphone or headset.
- Have every participant leave and rejoin the call.