This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro and Meeting Owl.
Use Mobile Refresh to update your Meeting Owl software without the need to put your Owl onto your Wi-Fi network. By downloading new Owl software to your iOS device, you can then have your Owl generate its own Wi-Fi hotspot in order to transfer the software directly from your phone to your Owl, eliminated the need for a connection from the Owl to your network.
Mobile Refresh is available on:
- Meeting Owl Pro (all versions)
- Meeting Owl (v.126.96.36.199+)
If your Meeting Ow's software is not above 188.8.131.52. you will need to use a mobile hotspot to update, or to take your Owls to your home network for this one-time update:
- How to set up your iOS device as a mobile hotspot
- How to set up your Android device as a mobile hotspot
Meeting Ow iOS app (v.2.2.0+)
Mobile Refresh is not available on the Meeting Owl Android app.
Follow the steps below to update your Owl's software.
- Open your app and select the Help Desk icon ( ) on the top right of your screen
- Select the Info icon ( ).
- Select Mobile Refresh.
- You may be asked to register. You’ll only need to do this once for the life of the app. Enter your email address and open your email on your mobile device. Follow the magic link back to the Meeting Owl app.
- After logging in with the link inside your email, follow the on-screen prompts, or follow the steps below to update.
- Select which type of Owl you would like to update with Mobile Refresh. Meeting Owl , or Meeting Owl Pro .
- Select Proceed to download the file.
- Choose Select a Nearby Owl to update your Owl.
- Select the bar at the top that reads Software Update Available, tap here to update.
- Select Join Owl’s Wi-Fi Network.
- Select Transfer Update.
- Select Restart and Update Owl.
You can continue selecting the other Owls in your Nearby list that need updates after your first update is complete.