If you are starting a video conference call and cannot select Owl as your audio device, please ensure the following:
- You are using an approved Active Extension / Repeater Cable if you need a USB extension cable. Some unapproved USB extenders will not work with the Meeting Owl. If using an extender, please test with the 6' cable that came with the Owl. If problem is resolved, try using an extension cable sold in our shop.
If these conditions are met, try the following:
- Reinitiate the USB connection. Unplug the USB cable. Look at the base of the Owl above the control buttons and plug the USB cable back in. You should see red and blue lights flash.
- If not:
- Reboot the Owl. Unplug Owl’s power supply for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Wait until the eyes stop pulsing and you hear a hoot. Plug in the USB cable and try selecting the Owl again.
- Try a different micro USB to USB cable.
- Try a different USB port.