Before trying to update your software, make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi.
- Select your Owl from the Nearby list
- Go to About your Owl.
- Under Connectivity, ensure your network is listed next to Wi-Fi, and Internet is Available.
- If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, follow these steps.
Once you are connected to Wi-Fi, update your software:
- Select Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, wait 15 minutes to 1 hour for an update to occur.
- When the update is complete, you will see your Owl’s eyes flash and hear a special hoot.
To confirm you’ve successfully receive the update, check your software version. If your software is on the latest version, you’re all set!
If it is less than 220.127.116.11, you may not be able to establish a secure connection to our server in order to update your software. In that case, try the following.
- Change Wi-Fi networks and try again.
- Use a mobile hotspot to update your software. Here are some articles that can help:
If the problem persists, contact Owl Labs support.