Before trying to update your software, make sure your Owl is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open the iOS or Android Meeting Owl app.
- Select your Owl from the Nearby list.
- Go to About your Owl.
- Under Connectivity, ensure your network is listed next to Wi-Fi, and Internet is Available.
- If your Owl is not connected to Wi-Fi, follow these steps.
- If your Owl cannot connect to Wi-Fi, troubleshoot this issue.
Once your Owl is connected to Wi-Fi, update your software:
- Select Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, wait 15 minutes to 1 hour for an update to occur. The file size is approximately 300 MB.
The iOS app will let you know when an update is available, and inform you of its progress, but the Android app will not.
- When the update is complete, you will see your Owl’s eyes flash and hear a special hoot.
To confirm your Owl has you’ve successfully receive the update, check your software version. If your software is on the latest version, you’re all set!
If not, try the following.
- Verify with a mobile device or computer that your Wi-Fi signal strength is strong.
- Change Wi-Fi networks and try again.
- Try using a mobile hotspot to update your software. Here are some articles that can help:
If you are able to update your software after changing networks, have your IT department check the router settings of your original network to allow Owl to update in the future.
- If your Owl’s software version is below 22.214.171.124, your Owl may not be able to establish a secure connection to our server. If your Owl still cannot update, you may need to take your Owl to your home network to update this one time. Once you are off this version, it won’t be needed again.
If your Owl is above 126.96.36.199, or if problem persists, contact Owl Labs support.