Before trying to update your software, make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi.
- Select your Owl from the Nearby list.
- Go to About your Owl.
- Under Connectivity, ensure your network is listed next to Wi-Fi, and Internet is Available.
- If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, follow these steps.
Once you are connected to Wi-Fi, update your software:
- Select Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, wait 15 minutes to 1 hour for an update to occur.
- When the update is complete, you will see your Owl’s eyes flash and hear a special hoot.
To confirm you’ve successfully receive the update, check your software version. If your software is on the latest version, you’re all set!
If not, try the following.
- Change Wi-Fi networks and try again.
- Use a mobile hotspot to update your software. Here are some articles that can help:
- If you your Owl is below 126.96.36.199, your Owl may not be able to establish a secure connection to our server, and you may need to take your Owl to your home network to update this one time. Once you are off this version, it won’t be needed again.
- If your Owl is above 188.8.131.52, or if problem persists, contact Owl Labs support.