This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro.
Meeting Owl Pro will automatically send over the air software updates to Owls that are connected to Wi-Fi and plugged into power over night.
To determine what version of software is on your Owl, follow these steps.
If your Owl’s software is out of date, please see instructions for how to update your Owl's software.
Release Date: March 18th, 2020
- Bug fix:
- Fixed issue where Meeting Owl would occasionally crash, disconnect and hoot mid-meeting, occasionally requiring a reboot to reconnect.
Release Date: Released to Beta on February 28th, 2020
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed issue where video would show a blank black screen at start up, which required a reboot to clear.
- Improved issue where microphones would not transmit audio to remote participants at start up, which required a reboot to begin transmitting.
- Fixed issue that caused the remote participants to hear cut outs and sudden volume fluctuations when the call transitioned between states (for example: from when local participants speak to when remote participants speak, or from when remote participants speak to when both participants speak at the same time).
- Fixed issue that caused remote participants to hear drop outs mid-speech, due to an issue with low frequency noise, causing Owl to mute its microphones in an attempt to cancel echo.
- Panoramic shift slider in the Meeting Owl app will be reset to the default position when performing a factory reset in the Meeting Owl app.
- Your computer will recognize the Owl quicker when the USB cable is plugged in
Release Date: February 3, 2020
- Bug fix:
- Fixed issue where customers in certain environments would experience half-duplex audio, meaning remote participants can’t hear participants in the room with the Owl when both participants are speaking at the same time.
- Fixed issue where customers could not unlock Owl’s passcode when on older versions of Meeting Owl software and newer versions of Meeting Owl App.
- Fixed issues with the Meeting Owl App’s panoramic shift feature:
- Camera Lock is now displayed correctly when a panoramic shift selection is set
- When a panoramic shift selection is set, the Owl's main stage will now correctly display participants in the order they appear on the panoramic strip when there is a split screen
- Panoramic shift settings and advanced audio settings are now correctly reset to factory values when performing a factory reset in the Meeting Owl app.
- New feature:
- Added advanced audio settings for troubleshooting residual echo and half duplex issues for customers in challenging acoustic environments
- Hardware serial number is displayed on Meeting Owl Apps version 2.4.0(6) (Android) and 2.4.4(5) (iOS) or above.
Release Date: January 17, 2020
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed microphone issue caused by double talk detector control.
- Toggling the double talk detector or noise reduction switch in the audio settings menu of the Meeting Owl App will no longer negatively impact the Owl’s microphones, causing fluctuating audio for remote participants.
- Microphones previously affected by the double talk detector control issue will be corrected with an update to this software version.
- Fixed issue where video could show a blank stage after camera lock was released.
- Fixed rare issue where video would freeze after many hours of operation.
- Fixed issue with volume control on linux machines where volume controls on Owl or host machine were not properly controlling the volume of the Owl.
- New Features:
- Owl’s Eyes will now flash when Owl is selected from the Nearby List on Android devices. (iOS devices will have already had this support)
- Added control of the 360° Panoramic Strip focus position in the Meeting Owl App. You will now be able to scroll the Panoramic Strip to the desired location in the Meeting Owl app. This will allow you to position the TV to the recommended optimal location, or adjust the 360° view to your preference.
- Improved Speaker Spotlight functionality so that the Meeting Owl Pro detects and switches to meeting participants more accurately and quickly.
- Camera Lock movements are smoother when sliding the stage to new locations.
Release Date: November 26, 2019
- Improved Speaker Spotlight functionality so that the Meeting Owl Pro detects meeting participants more accurately and quickly.
- Improved echo cancellation so that remote participants should notice clearer and more consistent sound.