This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro.
Meeting Owl Pro will automatically send over the air software updates to Owls that are connected to Wi-Fi and plugged into power over night.
To determine what version of software is on your Owl, follow these steps:
- Open the Meeting Owl app and select your Owl from the Nearby list.
- Select About your Owl.
- Under Version, view Software Version.
If your Owl’s software is out of date, please see instructions for how to update your Owl's software.
Release Date: January 17, 2020
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed microphone issue caused by double talk detector control.
- Toggling the double talk detector or noise reduction switch in the audio settings menu of the Meeting Owl App will no longer negatively impact the Owl’s microphones, causing fluctuating audio for remote participants.
- Microphones previously affected by the double talk detector control issue will be corrected with an update to this software version.
- Fixed issue where video could show a blank stage after camera lock was released.
- Fixed rare issue where video would freeze after many hours of operation.
- Fixed issue with volume control on linux machines where volume controls on Owl or host machine were not properly controlling the volume of the Owl.
- New Feature:
- Owl’s Eyes will now flash when Owl is selected from the Nearby List on Android devices. (iOS devices will have already had this support)
- Improved Speaker Spotlight functionality so that the Meeting Owl Pro detects and switches to meeting participants more accurately and quickly.
- Camera Lock movements are smoother when sliding the stage to new locations.
Release Date: November 26, 2019
- Improved Speaker Spotlight functionality so that the Meeting Owl Pro detects meeting participants more accurately and quickly.
- Improved echo cancellation so that remote participants should notice clearer and more consistent sound.