This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro.
If remote participants can’t hear participants who are in the room with the Owl speak when both participants are speaking at the same time, it means that the Meeting Owl Pro is going into half duplex in your environment.
Please try the following to resolve this issue:
- Download or Open the Meeting Owl app to your mobile device
- Select your Owl from the Nearby list.
- Select About your Owl
- Tap the Software Serial row 5 to 8 times quickly.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Under Debug, select Audio Settings.
- Under Reduce Residual Echo, set the value to 2.
This will make the Owl more full duplex, but in more challenging acoustic environments it could cause more residual echo, so if remote participants notice too much echo, you may need to change the value up to 3.
Please note that the Owl may not be completely full duplex, but will allow audio to pass through in both directions enough to carry on a smoother conversation and let you hear the cues that both participants are trying to talk at the same time. If the signal coming in from the remote participants is too loud, the Owl may still go into half duplex.