This article applies to the Meeting Owl Pro and the Meeting Owl.
If remote participants do not hear any audio when someone is speaking into the Owl, please ensure the following:
- You have selected the Meeting Owl as your microphone in your video conferencing platform.
- You have not muted Owl’s microphone in your video conference platform or on the Owl. Owl’s mute buttons are located on either side of the base of the Owl, and the lights above the buttons will be red when it is muted, or the video conferencing platform will indicate the Owl is muted if you mute from the platform directly.
If the above conditions are met, check the following:
- (Meeting Owl Pro) Please check your Owl’s software version. Is your Owl’s software on version 22.214.171.124 or below?
- If yes, update your software.
- Are you using an Owl Labs approved USB extension cable? Not all extension cables are equal! Some unpowered or poor quality USB extenders will not work with the Meeting Owl. Test with the 6ft cable that came with the Owl, and if the problem is resolved, replace the extension cable with an approved USB extension cable.
- Are you using a USB-C port? Some USB-C adapters and cables are not compatible with the Meeting Owl. Try testing on a computer without a USB-C port, and purchase an approved USB-C cable or adapter if problem is resolved
If problem persists, try the following:
- Ensure the Owl is selected as your microphone and speaker in your Operating System's control panel.
- Unplug the USB cable from the computer, and plug it back in.
- Reboot the Owl. Unplug your power adapter for 10 seconds, and plug it back in.
- Quit the video conferencing platform, reopen, and rejoin the call.
- If you are using a web-based video conferencing platform, quit your browser, reopen and rejoin the meeting. (Note: on a Mac, you will need to right click on the icon in your dock, and select Quit)
- Test the Owl’s microphone on your computer.
- If you see levels change in your OS, there may be an issue with your video conferencing platform. Try updating your platform, or try a different platform.
- If you do not see levels change in your OS, try the following:
- Test a different USB cable.
- Reboot your computer and test a different USB port. Try to avoid the blue USB 3.0 ports if possible.
If problem persists, please contact Owl Labs Support.